Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
You will be working as an Engineering & Graduate Trainee based in, Longmeadow, South Africa.ABB South Africa understands that Young Talent is the future, hence we do our best to recruit and develop young talent by providing the best working and learning environment that allows us to write the future together. Working for ABB South Africa as a Trainee you will not only get hands-on experience in one of the leading Engineering, Technology and Innovation companies in the world, you will also get an opportunity to develop your skills beyond what you have learned in class.
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Aim and Benefits of ABB Engineering & Graduate Trainee Program
- Retirement plan
Requirements for ABB Engineering & Graduate Trainee Program Qualification
For the 2023 Intake, we are looking for graduates in the following areas:
- Graduate in Training:
- • Corporate Marketing and Communication Function: You will work in a department that does all our corporate branding, communications, and events.
- • Supply Chain Management or Logistics: You will work in a department that handles our Transport, Trade, and Logistics and Supply Chain Management,
- • Human Resource Management: You will work in a department that does our Employee Life Cycle Management, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Payroll, and Industrial Relations.
- • Finance or Accounting: You will work in a department that does our business controlling and Accounts Payables.
- • Occupational Health & Safety: You will work in a department the does all our health and safety campaigns and ensuring that ABB is a safe working environment.
- • Information Technology or Information Systems: You will work in the IT department and manage the processes from end to end.
- Engineer in Training:
- • Electrical Engineering: You will get exposure to the Testing of Switchgear on all areas; Primary, Secondary, Modular and commissioning, you will also be exposed to working with electrical and mechanical designs for switchgears.
- • Mechanical Engineering: You will get exposure to basic design, draughting, electrical and mechanical workings of Electrical Motors.
- • Control and Instrumentation: Exposure includes working with Control Systems, Field Instrumentation and Actuators. And the Design and Commissioning of Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- • Industrial Engineering: You will get exposure and learning from our Factory Operations, Time Studies and Process Improvements.
- • Computer Engineering: Exposure across the business to drive the development and promotion of the 4th Industrial Revolution – ABB Ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to ABB on careers.abb to apply
For more details, visit ABB website.