HumAngle is expanding its team and looking for reporters to cover specific beats. We are accepting applications from July 28th to August 28th.
We are calling on exceptional storytellers and journalists who are efficient and creative to join our team.
In the short time HumAngle has been operating, we believe we have set high standards for our coverage. We are looking for experienced and ambitious reporters who want to achieve a high standard of work and are eager to contribute to the development of our media team.
If you have a commitment to excellence and a high sense of responsibility, we would like to hear from you.
You should be a self-starter who has loads of story ideas and enthusiasm, and you should be able to produce different kinds of content working on your own, but you can also count on support from the team if editorial setbacks arise.
Reporters at HumAngle are given targets in order to ensure that they are giving their best, but there is also a supportive and flexible work environment.
We assume that you have taken the time to go through our website, YouTube, and social media channels to acquaint yourself with who we are and what we do.
We operate a hybrid work culture where remote working is possible, but you should ideally be based in Abuja.
Founded in March 2020, HumAngle is a niche media platform committed to insightful and objective coverage of Africa’s conflict, humanitarian, and development issues. Over the years, insecurity has become one of the chief drivers of mass mortality and instability in the region. Yet, it has attracted no dedicated coverage from the media. HumAngle was established to fill this vacuum. Our primary duty is to investigate, analyse, and report conflict issues in a sensitive, in-depth, and human-centred manner.
Aim and Benefits of HumAngle Media Storytellers And Journalists Recruitment
Your responsibilities will be mainly to write news, features, analyses, and investigations. You will also be familiar with podcasts and willing to collect audio-visual material for multimedia productions.
- N200k – N250k monthly (net)
- Access to healthcare (HMO)
- Access to mental healthcare
- Performance-based bonuses, etc.
Requirements for HumAngle Media Storytellers And Journalists Recruitment Qualification
- You need to be an excellent writer and have clips to prove it.
- You must have experience working in a newsroom.
- You must hold a degree or a qualification equivalent to it.
- You must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme.
- Did we mention you need to be an excellent writer?
- You must be well-versed in the desk or beat under which you are applying to write.
- You must be efficient, proactive, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- You should be creative.
- You should be willing to travel for assignments.
August 28, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to HumAngle on humanglemedia.com to apply
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.
For more details, visit HumAngle Media website