The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Each student in a Nigerian University who wins the 2023 Scholarship Award will receive Three Hundred U.S Dollars ($300). A sum of One Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($150) would be awarded to each 1st runner up. The scholarship award will be given in Naira equivalent.
In 2000, Mrs. Dayo Keshi invited a handful of dynamic Nigerian women to her residence to discuss how we could combine our efforts to impact the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Many of the women gathered were accomplished individuals who belonged to various community organizations.
- Each Undergraduate student in a Nigerian University who wins the 2023 Scholarship Award will receive Three Hundred U.S Dollars ($300). A sum of One Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars ($150) would be awarded to each 1st runner up.
Requirements for NWAG Scholarship Program Qualification
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must be Females
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language
Documents Required for Application
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following:
- Pastor or Imam
- Village Head
- Local Government Chairperson
- University Lecturer or Head of the Department.
- One Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty or School Head of your Department
- Photocopy of your current university student identification.
- A current photograph of yourself.
- An explanation of why you need and why you should receive the scholarship (Not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, doubled-spaced, two-page easy on:
“Curbing kidnapping epidemic in Nigeria: How did we get there?
In what ways can kidnapping be eradicated in Nigeria?”
May 31, 2023
How to Apply
Prospective applicants are advised to visit NWAG website to download an application form. Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form on or before May 31st, 2023
For more details,visit NWAG website