The diploma course is a full time 2 year course offering advanced training in music with the following majors: Piano, Organ, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion, Classical Guitar, Voice.
Students are also required to take 2 terms of an instrument minor other than their major instrumental family. All voice students must pass grade 2 piano, instrumentalists must pass vocal techniques and all students must belong to the choir. Orchestra is required for all string majors. All wind and percussion majors must belong to band. Others who may not be majors are welcome to audition for the orchestra band.
About MTN Foundation
The MTN Foundation scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
Aim and Benefits of MTN Foundation/Muson Scholarship Programs For Aspiring Musicians
Our goal is to produce a well rounded, thoroughly educated musicians who would qualify for direct entry as transfer students into a university to fulfill the remaining requirements for an undergraduate music degree. We strive to produce graduates comparable to those found in a Conservatoire and we have patterned our syllabus on those standards.
Requirements for MTN Foundation/Muson Scholarship Programs For Aspiring Musicians Qualification
- Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language, or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language
- The 5 credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of The MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School.
NB: Applicants who possess the above practical or theory certificates would have also satisfied the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
Applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but show outstanding practical ability may be admitted. These students must take a remedial theory course and must pass the minimum requirements in the first year
August 18, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Foundation on forms.gle to apply
9AM – 5PM
For more details, visit https://muson.org/diploma-school/