The UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa programme is one of the three pillars of the Excellence in Africa initiative. It is designed to fund science and engineering graduates intending to complete a PhD at an African higher education institution.
PhD candidates benefiting from a UM6P/EPFL EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa fellowship will be jointly supervised by a professor employed by their African home institution and by an EPFL professor. They may spend short time periods at the EPFL in the laboratory of their EPFL co-supervisor, but will chiefly conduct their doctoral studies and their thesis research in Africa. Their degree will be solely awarded by their home institution.
About École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
The École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is a public research university located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It specializes in natural sciences and engineering.It is one of the two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, with three main missions: education, research and innovation.The QS World University Rankings ranked EPFL as the 14th best university in the world across all fields in 2021,whereas THE World University Rankings ranked EPFL as the world’s 19th best school for engineering and technology..
Aim and Benefits of EPFL/UM6P Scholarship Program
The programme awards funding of a maximum of 80’000 Swiss francs in total for a period of at most 54 months. Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Living allowance
- Tuition fees
- Research costs
- Costs related to joint supervision
Requirements for EPFL/UM6P Scholarship Program Qualification
- To be a national of an African country
- To hold a Master’s degree awarded after the 1st of January 2020 or to be enrolled in the final year of the master study
- To have an outstanding academic track record
- To be enrolled in an African academic institution when the fellowship will start, and to reside in an African country for the duration of the PhD
- To have the endorsement of a professor of an African institution willing to supervise the doctoral thesis for its full duration
Interview date, Process and Venue for EPFL/UM6P Scholarship Program
- Applicants will be pre-selected by June 2023.
- Interviews of pre-selected applicants by EPFL professors will be conducted in summer 2023.
- Results are expected by October 2023.
April 18, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) on epflresearchfunds.gomovein.com to apply
For more details,visit EPFL website