The Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS) at Aberystwyth University, are pleased to have been awarded a limited number of British Commonwealth Scholarship places for three of its MSc programmes for September 2023 –
– MSc Agrifood Innovation
– MSc BioInnovation
– MSc Sustainable and Efficient Food Production
About Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University is a public research university in Aberystwyth, Wales. Aberystwyth was a founding member institution of the former federal University of Wales. The university has over 8,000 students studying across 3 academic faculties and 17 departments.
Aim and Benefits of Aberystwyth University Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
This scholarship opportunity aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. We welcome applications from:
Candidates employed in not-for-profit developmental roles impacting the agrifood sector
Candidates able to demonstrate how they will put new knowledge into practice
Candidates who will be able to carry out a work-based research project with potential for developmental impact.
Requirements for Aberystwyth University Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships Qualification
1) Meet the entry criteria for the course i.e.
Hold at least a second-class honours degree in a relevant discipline OR have at least two years relevant experience. Applications from mature candidates with relevant experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Applicants from countries where English is not the first language must show evidence of a sufficient knowledge of English before they begin their course. The level required is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
2) Be IT literate and have access to broadband at a speed capable of streaming videos e.g. via YouTube.
3) Be a citizen of a developing or middle-income Commonwealth country, or a refugee, or a British protected person
4) Be permanently resident in an eligible country (see Website for details of eligible countries)
5) Not be currently in receipt of a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship
6) Undertake not to study towards any other qualification for the duration of their award.
7) Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Aberystwyth University Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Applications are now open and will close on the 28th March 2023. Successful applicants will be notified in July 2023.
March 28, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Aberystwyth University on ibersdl.org.uk to apply
Apply Now! for MSs
To be considered, you must apply for a place on the MSc (via the appropriate link above) AND the scholarship via the link at the bottom of this page BEFORE 28th March.