The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize, the EU’s flagship journalism award, opens for applications today. The Prize recognises and honours the work of journalists from around the world which shed a light on the most pressing global challenges.
The European Commission calls on journalists reporting on issues relating to inequality, poverty eradication, sustainable development, environment, biodiversity, climate action, digital, jobs and employment, education and skills development, migration, healthcare, peace, democracy and human rights to apply online.
About European Commission
Aim and Benefits of European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
- Each winner will receive €10 000.
- The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will also be offered a work experience with a media partner.
Requirements for European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize Qualification
Reporters can submit written, audio-visual or multimedia work in one of the following categories:
- International Prize: reporting published by a media outlet based in one of the European Union’s partner countries.
- Europe Prize: reporting published by a media outlet based in the European Union.
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: reporting by a journalist aged under 30 at the time of publication and published by a media outlet based in any of the countries eligible for the International and Europe Prizes.
Applications are open to reporting in any language, but should be accompanied by a translation in one of the competition languages: English, French, Spanish, German or Portuguese.
Interview date, Process and Venue for European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
- A Grand Jury of internationally renowned journalists and representatives from key non-governmental organisations from around the world will choose the winners in each category.
- Each winner will receive €10 000. The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will also be offered a work experience with a media partner.
- The winners will be announced at the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize Award Ceremony in Brussels later in 2023.
April 28, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to European Commission on ec.europa.eu to apply
For more details,visit EU website