The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is a three-month internship that intends to balance a dose of theory with real-world application and equip participants with the requisite multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities to think in more innovative ways to solve complex governance challenges. The Program is also a strategy to build a pipeline of young pan-African leaders to provide a sustainable path for good governance.
The core of our ambition is to train and nurture young people in an enabling working environment through a structured capacity development process. These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
ACEP is calling for applications for the 5th cohort of its Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program. The tenure for the internship will be from September to December 2023.
About Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP)
The Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) was established in 2010 to contribute to development of alternative and innovative policy interventions through high quality research, analysis and advocacy in the energy and extractives sector in Africa. The focus of the organisation is to create strong connection between research evidence and advocacy which was limited at the time to increase transparency and accountability around energy and extractive sector governance in the region. After a decade of existence, the organisation has established itself as a thought leader in the sector.
Aim and Benefits of ACEP NextGen Leaders Program
ACEP will provide:
Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support
- Creating room for creativity and innovation
A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship
Decent accommodation for international interns
An approved return ticket from the NextGen Leader’s home country to Ghana
Requirements for ACEP NextGen Leaders Program Qualification
Applicant must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, mathematics, etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions
- A strong sense of leadership
Documents Required for Application
- Motivational Statement.
- Recommendation Letter.
August 18, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) on acep.africa to apply
Applicants will be required to upload a Motivational Statement, CV/Resume, and a Recommendation Letter.
There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
For more details,visit ACEP website